Friday, February 26, 2010

Composition Test

Hi,
I would like to reflect how I performed for the first composition test of Secondary 1. I think that I did not do very well but am contented with my performance, although I am still awaiting the results. I did not spend much time to prepare for the test but just revised my notes and skimmed through my vocabulary list. Fortunately, I still have not forgotten some vocabulary from Primary 6, which I used in my composition. However, I had a hard time choosing which picture and phrase to write on. I also did not take a close look at the phrase and just rushed off with my planning. My story was not according to my planning as I felt that some amendments needed to be made. I was doing well in writing my composition when I caught a glimpse at the phrase. I suddenly realised that the phrase was in the present tense! I turned panicky at that moment and decided to change the verbs into past tense. Thus, this wasted some of my time and I struggled to finish the test on time, resulting in big gaps in my composition. From this test, I learned the lesson to read the question carefully and plan seriously before writing a composition. All in all, I hope to learn from my mistake and revise more for my composition.


Nathanael (18) 1I1

No comments:

Post a Comment